North Carolina Arts in Action success is based on our instructors' success in the dance classroom. Our instructors are professional dancers (but other arts/education backgrounds will be considered, e.g. theater arts) with a high standard of excellence. We use dance to teach important life lessons that hard work, tenacity and joyful concentration can equal success. We require a positive outlook on life, high energy, and an uncompromising commitment to excellence. In addition, the instructors must have an unflinching control of the classroom and love of children. After an apprenticeship, our instructors will be trained at the National Dance Institute of New York City.
- Teach dance to school children in the North Carolina Arts in Action contracted schools using the National Dance Institute methodology
- Participate in in-school program, after-school program, outreach opportunities and special events
- Assist Artistic Director with choreography for programs and end-of-year performance
- Individual needs to be available during the school year and school day
- Reports to Artistic Director
- Hourly rate (commensurate with experience)
- Subcontracted employee/no benefits
Email resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.